Wednesday, November 12, 2014

{tights season}


You know it's winter when you have to start wearing tights with all of your skirts!








photography by Emily Smalling

Sweater, green color is sold out (similar, similar) // Leather Skirt (similar) // Sam Edelman Heels (40% off!) // Tights // Crystal Necklace // Flower Necklace // Clare Vivier Clutch // Gorjana Ring to Wrist Bracelet // Revlon Lipstick in "Raisin Rage"

Fair warning boys: this post isn't for you! Tights are awkward and weird and you probably aren't interested in what I have to say about them ;)

Raise your hand if you hate tights. Yep? We're all raising our hands? Okay great....
So now that we're all on the same page, here's my trick: control top. Yes, they act as a little gut sucker (or that's their intention at least) but I rely on this little feature to keep my tights up all day! I have the hardest time with tights stretching out, sagging, and slipping down to get baggy around my ankles. Weird! Until I discovered these babies. They call them Star Power for a reason! Go get yourself a pair because tights are the only way I can continue to wear skirts in the winter. Brr!
I hate having to buy new tights every season because they snag and get holes and loose their elasticity and yada yada... normally I wouldn't shell out more than $5 a pair but with this quality and fit it's worth it! They also don't snag as easily because the fabric is so smooth (which means you won't pay $5 every week to buy a new pair haha).

Side note: I layered these two necklaces last year and it was a big hit! I love how pairing two statement necklaces together creates a whole new statement :) I need to play around with my jewelry and find more combos... any suggestions?

Love Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover