Tuesday, December 23, 2014

{double the pattern}


My go-to outfit for the winter? Boots, big sweater, black pants, and a scarf!








photography by Emily Smalling

SheInside Scarf ($11) // H&M Sweater ($25) // House of Harlow Necklace ($88) via Rocksbox // Gigi Pants (on sale for $44) // Sam Edelman Boots via Nordstrom (on sale for $130) // Sephora Lipstick in "Hot Tango" ($12.50) // "Younique" Mascara ($29)

I'm sure the majority of you already knew this was my go-to outfit… I wear these pants way too often and talk about white sweaters all the time. But, you know what? It works. I'm comfortable and can walk for miles without getting cold or uncomfortable! This scarf is really what inspired my outfit. I wanted it to take center stage and pull the black and brown together. Extra points because the red matched my nails and lips ;)
This scarf is from SheInside… I ordered it on December 1 and didn't get it until December 20. Okay, full disclosure here y'all. I have ordered from this site before and not been disappointed!! I got this dress over the summer. I guess since it's all coming from China I shouldn't be surprised it took so long (I just got anxious because I ordered some Christmas presents too). The quality of this scarf is fantastic but some of the dresses I ordered were sub-par aka they will not work at all. So moral of the story: proceed with caution and expect the long wait times. Scarves - yes but dresses - no!

I wore this outfit last weekend to explore Old Town Alexandria with my roomies and our guys. There was so much Christmas around us and I couldn't stop smiling!! I think I had stars in my eyes the whole time because I was grinning from ear to ear (it also helped that I was with the boy and my favorite ladies).  We walked all around looking for the perfect place to grab a drink and watch football in the afternoon and then had dinner on the water at The Chart House. I was comfortable for a bar and walking and felt "dressed up" enough for a nice dinner of seafood and red wine.

PS can you believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve?!?

Love Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover